The university offers art and design scholarships to applying students who exhibit exceptional grit and promise. We are more concerned about your willingness to grow as an artist than what you have already accomplished.
While students applying for a talent grant are not required to major or minor in visual arts, they are expected to be actively involved in the art and design program at Southern Virginia.
To Apply for an Art + Design Scholarship
All application materials should be sent to email@example.com
- Submit a typed statement of intent describing your goals as an artist or designer
- Submit a visual portfolio with 10-15 examples of your best works:
- Share a link to an online file or website, or
- Attach a designed PDF
- Schedule an interview with a representative from the Art + Design Institute
- After reviewing your application, a representative will contact you to schedule a face-to-face interview. This interview can be done in person or via video chat.
To Maintain Your Scholarship Annually
- Take at least one art class or faculty-approved art involvement per year
- Participate in a portfolio and academic review at the end of each academic year
- Contribute work to the annual student art show